Context Sensitive Solutions Project Development Process (CSS)
The MOA requires that the Strategy for Context Sensitive Design of Transportation Projects (CSS) be applied to transportation projects within the MOA, including those owned and managed by DOT&PF. Therefore, the Seward Hwy & Alyeska Hwy Intersection Improvements project will be reviewed by the Planning & Zoning Commission and the Urban Design Commission prior to final design and construction.
MOA CSS agency coordination will include a Pre-Application Conference with MOA agencies, an introductory/informational presentation to the Planning and Zoning Commission, an application submission of the Draft DSR, and a second appearance for a public hearing at the Planning and Zoning Commission. The graphic to the right outlines the MOA CSS process; this project is currently scoped to reach the MOA’s Final DSR phase (DOT&PF will have a Final Environmental Document).
Girdwood Board of Supervisors Work Session
When: Wednesday, September 14th, 2022 at 7:00 PM
Where: Gerrish Library Community Room and virtually via MS Teams
- View the presentation given at the work session on the Documents Page.
- Minutes from the work session are available on the GBOS website.
Public Open House #3
When: Wednesday July 27th, 2022 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: Gerrish Library Community Room
- The updated intersection alternative was presented for feedback from the Girdwood community
- View the meeting materials on the Documents Page, under Updated Concept Level Alternative.
Old Girdwood Resident Meeting
When: Tuesday June 28th, 2022 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Where: Gerrish Library Community Room
- The project team met with residents to continue discussing circulation and access concerns to improve intersection alternatives.
MOA Planning & Zoning Commission Presentation
When: March 1, 2021
- The project team presented the Concept Report including the Concept Alternatives
Public Open House #2
When: Thursday, April 22nd, 2021 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: Virtually via Zoom. View the Recording using the password: DOT&PFalyeskahwy1
- The project team presented 11 Concept Alternatives for review and input by the community.
- View the Seward Hwy & Alyeska Hwy Open House 2_Presentation & Concept Alternatives here!
- Review the Alyeska & Seward Hwy Intersection Improvements Second Open House Summary here!
Girdwood Board of Supervisors (GBOS) Meeting
September 21, 2020 at 7:00 PM – held virtually
- The project team introduced the Seward Hwy & Alyeska Hwy Intersection Improvements project, explained the current scope, and the CSS process that the project will go through to ensure that community involvement and feedback are included at each design phase of the project.
Anchorage Transportation Fair Online
Wednesday, November 18th, between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM – held virtually via https://publicinput.com/AnchorageTransportationFair
- The Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities and the Municipality of Anchorage presented the latest updates on roads and trails. The event provides you information about many projects in your neighborhood and beyond.
- For questions, please contact the Transportation Fair coordinator, Camden Yehle, Yehle & Associates LLC, at email@example.com
WHEN: Thursday, December 10th, 2020 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
WHERE: Virtually via Zoom
- At this early stage in the project’s development, the Department is seeking input on what values should drive the alternative selection process, what alternatives should be considered, what experiences you have had with this intersection, or any other input you may have.
- View the Seward Hwy & Alyeska Hwy Open House 1 Presentation and Graphics here!
- Review the Seward Alyeska Intersection Improvements Open House Summary here!